Wednesday, March 2, 2016

My Stairway to Heaven and Highway to Hell in a Small Town

     The road to hell is not paved, despite that old bit of wisdom.  I feel it sneaking up at times when I'm traveling an old dirt road.  Here the gravel in mud captures local sins and blood. Some are buried deep and some are fanning flames.  In a correct situation, wrong can be right.  Someone plots to take your darkness.  This will help you forget the pain.  You find these friends that "know" you need a release.  Friend lead to a belief that the answers can be found. I check into my trip to heaven with every step towards hell.  When everyone knows my weakness, they learn to fear my strength.  Does danger have a place on the stairway? Can kindness fool this highway into pushing pain away from my hope and Heaven's stairway?
I realize to some this post is strange. Maybe some won't understand. Basically, I have come to believe you must feel the evil and know it's temptation in order to recognize the light again.  Sometimes we lose the light. The only way to look for light is to travel through the darkness. I need to know others have darkness. I like to find each person's darkness in order to find a truth that helps me to see someone as completely human as I.  That knowledge helps me see each ray of light you also exhibit. I see strength that overcomes any weakness. These are the people that give me hope for all of us in this confusing world. Yet, as all humans seem to require experience to gain knowledge, I am sure each one of us continuing down so many different and difficult paths will continue to cruise this highway to hell. We must experience a justification and then a conviction of our sins in order to arrive on our stairway to Heaven. We can't believe in finding Heaven in our personal hell. Sometimes I scream. Nothing is simple. Questions haunt us. Love saves us. Answers will arrive.

No comments: